Very interesting story of King Shivi Eagle and pigeon.
Sheiner’s son Maharaja Shivi was very kind and refugee. Once the king was performing a great yajna. Then a pigeon comes and hides in the king’s lap. A huge hawk comes from behind and tells the king – *
* Rajan, I had heard that you are a very devout king, then why are you practicing against religion today. This pigeon is my diet and you are snatching my diet from me. *
* So the pigeon tells the king – *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * Maharaj, I have come to your shelter fearing this hawk. Protect my life, Maharaja. *
* King Dharma gets in trouble. But the king, using his intelligence and conscience, says – *
* King – Fearing you, this pigeon has come to my shelter for life. Therefore, I cannot abandon this pigeon that has come in the shelter. Because those who do not protect the refugees do not have any Kalyan. *
* Falcon – Every creature is disturbed by hunger. I am also distraught with hunger at the moment. If I do not find this pigeon at this time, my life will go away. On the death of my life, even the life of my children and children will go away. Hey Rajan! In this way, instead of saving the life of one organism, the life of many creatures will go away. *
* Read: eagle flight *
* King – I cannot give you this pigeon who came to the shelter. If you can calm your appetite somehow, then tell me. I can give you my whole kingdom, you can give the food of the whole state to you, I can give everything to you, but this pigeon cannot give you.
* Falcon – Hey Rajan. If you have this much love on this pigeon, then you weigh me exactly equal to this pigeon and give me your meat, I do not want more. *
* King – You have been very kind. I am ready to give you as much meat as you want. If this body does not work for the benefit of beings, then it is useless to nurture it daily. Hey eagle, I do according to your statement. *
* Saying this, the king ordered one of the scales, and in one of his panes, that pigeon sat and cut his flesh in the other, and weighed with that pigeon. Let the pigeon be protected and the eagle also be saved, so that both of them suffer, so the Maharaj Sivi started keeping his flesh in the scales of his hand.
* In the scales, the weight of pigeon kept increasing from the flesh, the king cut the flesh of the body but the box of the pigeon remained below. Then the king himself climbed the scales. *
* As soon as the king climbed the scales, both the pigeon and the eagle, and the god Indra and fire appeared.
* Indra said- Rajan, your welfare. And this pigeon that was made is this fire. We came to test you. No one has done the same thing as you have done otherwise. A person who sacrifices his life and protects another’s life attains the ultimate abode. *
* Animals also live to fill their stomachs, but a life worthy of praise is for those who live for others. *
* Indra gave a boon to the king and said – you will take the divine form for eternity and follow the earth and in the end you will go to the Brahmaloka of God. After saying this, they both became infiltrated.
* Friends, India is the land where people like Raja Shivi and Dadhichi have descended, who donated their living bodies for philanthropy. And we are one people, except for the living, we do not donate organs even after death. *
* Friends, this body becomes litter after dying, it starts to stink, the house and family members take it out of the house as soon as possible. If that body was of use, then why would they burn or burn it? *
* But what is not useful for you can give life to someone. Can light someone. And can give a new direction to medical science. And this can happen when you donate this dead body. That’s why, friends, the time has come to change the funeral procession and make a donation and become a partner of charity. Please consider this and make your decision